Family vacations are one of the best times to capture videos and photos of your family. You’re all in the same place together, having fun, exploring new places and making memories. But, if you’re like most people you’ll shoot a lot while you’re on holidays, but apart from posting a few pictures on Facebook you’ll probably never do anything with them, they’ll just stay on your mobile until stumble across them years later.
So what do you do with all of the amazing videos and photos you capture on your holidays? Watch the video to learn more, but….
You edit them into a family video story, so you can share it online and re-live the good times in years to come. And that’s because, by editing your holiday media into one video you make it much easier to watch and share your memories, rather than having them as a bunch of random photos and videos on your phone.
Recently my family and I went on the trip of a lifetime to the UK and Italy. It was amazing and during the trip, we saw some amazing things and had some great adventures and I captured them all on my iPhone 7 Plus with help of my Moment wide-angle lens. Then during the holiday I edited what I shot into a series of short video diary that I shared online with my friends and family so they could keep up to date with what we were doing.
Now you might think that this sounds like a lot of work, but it’s not really. All you need to do is capture a few shots here and there that show off what you’re doing and where you are and then add in a few photos and cut it all together on your preferred mobile editing app.
Creating a vacation video with your mobile tips and tricks
- Don’t shoot too much, it’ll be too hard to edit, just capture some key shots to help you tell the story of your holiday.
- Make your video diary about a short part of your holiday or say just one or two locations if you’re travelling. For example, it’s the highlights of our time in Lucca, but not Rome. Having a focus will make it easier to work out what you need to capture.
- Take photos to use in your edit and make sure you take them in landscape mode.
- Edit your video diary in iMovie on IOS devices and use Action Director on Android.
- If you don’t want to share them on Facebook, share them as an unlisted video on Youtube and send your friends and family the link.
- If your the one doing all the filming make sure you get in the video too.
- And finally make sure you get the balance right between capturing great video and actually having a holiday.